Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dress Code

Before going to the first day to work in the hospital, I thought to myself how should I dress? Of course, I have to dress comfortably and decently. And so I dressed the way I normally do, the way that defines my character, I dressed with a unicolored poloshirt with white pants and a white coat. No sweat with the dress code because we have to wear a uniform. Bbut what when I will be a doctor with no defined uniforms to wear? I thought about this for some time and this is what I found recently in the web about a research on doctors attire...

Conclusionsof the research state: Patients prefer doctors to wear semiformal dress and are most comfortable with conservative items; many less conservative items were, however, acceptable. A smile made a big difference.

(from Judging a book by its cover: descriptive survey of patients' preferences for doctors' appearance and mode of address;
Marianne M Lill, medical student1, Tim J Wilkinson, associate professor. Web: http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/331/7531/1524 Accessed June '09)

No comments: